Following a joint meeting of the Management and Bowling Committees held this morning, the decision was made to close the club with immediate effect, in order to protect our members from the Coronavirus Epidemic, as far as it is in our power to do so.
The club will remain open today (Monday 16th March) for any members who wish to play any matches already organised for today, but no member is under any obligation to do so. From tomorrow the club is closed for all bowling activities, but will remain accessible for members to call in and collect any belongings etc. from their lockers until Saturday 21st March. From Sunday 22nd March, access to the club for individual members will not be possible, unless by special arrangement with a keyholder – for an emergency purpose only!
All Leagues Matches Fun Drives and Competitions for the rest of the Winter Season are now suspended. Any fines which would normally be levied for unplayed matches (even those from previously in the season) are cancelled. It may be possible to run the suspended competitions early next season – watch out for further information about this from the Bowling Committee.
The Bowling Committee AGM, due to be held on Sunday April 5th is also suspended – it is hoped to hold this early next Winter Season.
We have also decided that the Summer League season will not be run this year – by all accounts it seems likely that the current epidemic will last for several months, and it was deemed necessary to provide clarity on this issue now, rather than later.
The situation regarding future activities will be reviewed in May/June, when the state of affairs may be clearer.
WELCOME to Camberley & District Indoor Bowling Club …. providing for the needs of bowlers of all abilities in and around the Camberley area and further afield. Whether you’re an experienced player or a beginner our full size 6 rink green offers you all the following facilities.
- Coaching Programme – new to bowls? We encourage new members all of whom can be assured of a warm welcome. Playing bowls surprises many people who partake in what is a skilled sport which allows individuals to find a level that ‘works for them’. With qualified coaches to help get you started we say ”give bowls a try” and we think you’ll like it!
- Friendly Matches – We play two or three of these every week against other clubs throughout the Winter Season and bowlers of all abilities can participate.
- Bowls League Programme – essentially the heart of the club with over 200 teams competing and playing throughout the week – 10am thru 10pm. With options to play in men’s, ladies’ or mixed teams there’s sure to be something for all. We also run a Summer league program three days a week.
- Junior Programme – the Camberley Crusaders is the section where our the Junior members (16 years and under) enjoy their bowls. The boys and girls get qualified coaching and have a great time. They play on Saturday mornings from 8-30am until 10am followed by a breakfast from the kitchen. The Crusaders also play matches against other local indoor clubs.
- Camberley Competitive – is a thriving and active section of the club where players test their skills via the many competitions available at County and National level. The Club has had various successes in the past few seasons and hopefully again this season
- Camberley Social – a mix of ‘do’s’ that provide something for all.
We also boast excellent catering facilities for members and their guests and a well stocked bar which is open during most playing sessions and evenings.
Visitors are always welcome to just pop in for details and look around